What are the Best Carpet Cleaning Solutions for Cars?
In addition, to periodically washing the car exterior, it is recommended to clean the cabin at least once a year and that’s the absolute minimum we are talking about. No matter how often you are using the vehicle, eventually the car seat upholstery,
floor mats and the car ceiling get dirty. And when using the air conditioner, the air from it spreads dust and particles of dirt throughout the cabin, which over time can lead not only to electrical appliances and wiring breakdowns, but also to diseases of the driver and passengers.
Car interior cleaning can be trusted to professional cleaners or you can take care for it yourself. The second option is a great way to save money, especially since it is not difficult to clean the interior of a car from dirt, if you choose the right materials and cleaning solutions. Usually, cleaning takes only a few hours.
Car dry cleaning begins with the proper preparation for this process. To prepare the vehicle for dry cleaning, it is necessary to perform the following actions:
1. Quit the engine completely and remove the key from the ignition lock. It is impossible to leave the audio system turned on (for fans of working with music, it is better to use other sources), since contact with cleaning products may cause a short circuit.
2. Fully unload the vehicle interior and its trunk, removing all unnecessary items from it.
3. To carry out dry cleaning. To do this, you need to get all the floor mats out of the cabin, scavenge debris, vacuum thoroughly, remove dust and debris from hard-to-reach places using an air compressor.
4. Wipe all panels with a damp cloth and then dry. After such actions, you can proceed to dry cleaning.
What Equipment to Use for Car Interior Cleaning?
To carry out a thorough cleaning of the car, you need such equipment for interior cleaning:
1. Spray (for spraying cleaning products on the surface).
2. Pure rags of light shades. A good option is a microfibre rag that leaves no marks on the surface after use. For a thorough cleaning you need a dozen rags.
3. Sponge, which consists of microfiber and foam rubber.
4. A set of brushes of different stiffness with high quality and not leaving marks.
5. Cleaning chemicals.
6. Steam generator (if there is a desire to clean the cabin with steam).
7. Vacuum cleaner and air compressor (to carry out the initial cleaning of the car).
What Cleaning Solutions to Use for Cleaning the Car Interior?
Professional tools for cleaning the car's interior make it possible to achieve a better result than ordinary household chemicals. It is not recommended to use household cleaning products for cleaning the car's interior, as it is not intended for this and instead of a positive effect it often gives a negative one.
But despite this, many car owners use household chemicals. Today there are a lot of tools for cleaning all surfaces of the car, which perfectly cope even with old spots. The main rule when choosing - to use those tools that fit the appropriate surface.
Tips for cleaning the car's ceiling:
- .While cleaning the ceiling, it is convenient to divide it into several parts and work with them separately.
- After applying the foam, wait a few minutes and then wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Dusters (napkins) are recommended to use only clean and preferably white (in the extreme case - light shades). This is necessary so that during the cleaning process the fabric suddenly does not shed and does not stain the surface.
- Always use dry rags. If the cloth is moistened during cleaning, it must be replaced. Therefore, before you start cleaning, stock up with a sufficient amount of clean rags.
- Wipe foam cleaner always need in one direction (from the front glass to the trunk or vice versa). Otherwise, the delicate fleecy ceiling covering fluffs and loses its appearance.
- If after the first cleaning there are stains on the ceiling, the cleaning should be repeated once more.
- During cleaning the ceiling, cleaning foam often falls on the windows of the car. If this happens, you need to erase it immediately, because the substances that make up the foam can adversely affect or even ruin the glass. Before cleaning, it is better to treat the glass with soapy water, which will protect them from damage if foam enters.
Tips for car carpet cleaning
Fabric seats, floor covering and rugs are cleaned on the same principle as the car's ceiling. But for cleaning you can use stronger tools, since these surfaces, firstly, are not as delicate as the ceiling, and secondly, they are often much more polluted.
Before cleaning the entire surface, the problem areas (with strong stains) should be wiped with a brush. Sometimes, fabric seats can be cleaned with the help of a steam cleaner without using special chemicals. This is an effective option, but only if the pollution in the cabin is insignificant, and outdated stains are absent.
Homemade Recipes for Car Carpet Cleaning
1. The ideal chemical that helps clean both fabric and plastic is a laundry soap. Dissolving it in hot water, you need to get a liquid foam, which after cooling down is applied with a brush. However, keep in mind that any pure soap is an aggressive solvent. By brushing, it is impossible not to disturb the structure of the threads. Conclusion: the fabric will survive just a few “soap cleanings”.
2. Dry cleaning of carpeting with table salt
Table salt is the safest homemade cleaning recipe. It does not cause allergies and intoxications and it is suitable for removing dirt from car carpets. At the same time, salt eliminates odors remarkably, since it has the ability to absorb them.
How to use it:
· Sprinkle the carpet with fine salt.
· Spread it over the surface with a brush or broom. You can rub the nap lightly so that the grains of salt penetrate deeper. In the process, the salt gets dirty – it absorbs dirt from the carpet.
· Wait until the carpet is completely dry, and vacuum it until salt is completely removed.
3. One of the simplest recipes is to use the usual hygienic shampoo, diluted with water in a ratio of 1:20. Similarly, you can use washing powder (one tablespoon per liter of water). Both of these compounds should be placed in an airtight container and thoroughly shaken until a thick foam appears on their surface. The use of carpet cleansing agents is traditional - they should be applied as a foam on a contaminated surface, allowed to soak, and then removed with a brush or cloth.
4. Acetic essence solution with water. In particular, one teaspoon will be enough to dilute with a glass of water. Please note that this composition copes well with the stains left by alcoholic beverages on the surface of the car's cabin elements.
5. Ethyl alcohol, having a concentration of 90% or close to it, copes well with difficult to remove stains left with ink or lipstick.
6. Ammonia in a concentration of 10% allows you to remove stains left by coffee, tea or fruit.
However, these homemade recipes are unlikely to allow you to get rid of significant dirt in the cabin, especially if there are unpleasant smells in addition to stains. Therefore, for capital dry-cleaning (for example, before selling a car), it makes sense to use professional tools, despite the fact that their price can often be rather high.