In this article, you will find out some excellent tips how to remove stains of paint from carpets and area rugs. The paint that has just been spilled on the carpet or sofa needs to be urgently removed from the surface.
For the best result of removing the paint you need to know what type of paint you have spilled. Find out what type of paint is not difficult. Read what type of paint is written on the box.
The first method: removing acrylic paint.
These are water-based paints. If you follow this instruction, you can easily clean the spilled acrylic paint from almost any carpet and any fabrics. This method is well suited for fresh, not dried paint!
- Put paper towels around the spot so that the paint does not spread further. Use dry paper towels to soak a stain with paint; do not rub it in any way.
- Pour the glycerin onto a dry paper towel to soak the carpet with spilled paint. Keep blotting until the paint is suitable.
- Use nail polish remover or acetone to clean all paint residues.
- Pour warm water into the bucket and add a little dishwashing detergent.
- Use a sponge soaked in an aqueous solution to finish cleaning the carpet from the acrylic paint. Do not use too much water.
- Dry the wet area with a dry towel.
- Vacuum the treated area.
The second method: cleaning latex paints off of carpet.
Like acrylic paints, these paints are water based, but can also have vinyl additives.
1. Put the old, unnecessary towel in a puddle with paint.
2. Wet the stain with water and at the same time wipe the stain of paint or use a vacuum cleaner.
3. Rub with a soft brush the spot of paint periodically dousing the stain with soapy water.
The third method: Removal of emulsion paints with apple cider vinegar.
They are an emulsion made from water, pigments and tiny particles of polymers acting as a base, staying in the aqueous medium in a suspended state, while the emulsion particles are not dissolved.
- Soak the paint with a towel or paper towel. Do not rub it in any way!
- Wet a cloth with vinegar
- Put a soaked cloth in the vinegar on the stain. Do not rub it! Wait until the paint starts to soak into the cloth.
- Turn the cloth over and with a clean face, start slowly rubbing the stain. (It is advisable to stock up with one cloth; all the cloths need to be moistened with a solution of vinegar!)
- Rub a cloth soaked in vinegar until the paint is completely removed.
- After removing the residue of the stain with a soft sponge in soapy warm water.
Fourth method: Cleaning oil paint.
Removing the oil paint can be much more difficult, but it can be removed by quick successive actions. After the oil paint has dried, you need to seek the help of specialists.
- Dip in a puddle with oil paint dry towels, do not rub it in any way, and gently remove the stain with dry napkins!
- Apply a little "dry cleaning agent" to the sponge. Use only a small amount to not damage the fibers of the tissues!
- Mix one teaspoon of dish detergent with 240 ml of warm water.
- Remove the stain with a soap sponge!
If there is a stain from the oil paint on the carpet, you first need to put a white cloth under the product, and then treat it with a solvent. Next, you need to use a sponge, after moistening it in cold water. If the first attempt fails, repeat this procedure again.
It is allowed to wash the carpet only after the stain disappears. Otherwise, after washing, the paint will penetrate even deeper into the fabric. If it is not possible to cope with the contamination, it is advisable to refer the product to a dry cleaning.
If you need to remove the dried paint, the first thing under it is put a white napkin and treat with stain remover or denatured alcohol. You can also use turpentine, or another solvent.
Fifth method: Cleaning artistic stains off of carpet.
If you need to remove stains from artistic paints, then first you need to remove unabsorbed paint with paper towels. Then the product is sent to the laundry, carefully applying soap on it. Then rinse the carpet in the traditional way.
If carpet products have stains from natural or artificial colors, then without any delay, they should begin to remove them. You need to walk on them with a dry cloth. Use of water here is not recommended, as this will lead to dilution of the pigment and the spread of pollution over a large area.
How to remove the old spots of paint from the carpet?
Dry stains from hair dye are worse to remove, and most often the only way is professional dry cleaning. However, there is a way to effectively remove stains from the carpet from the stale paint.
To do this, you need: glycerin, clean wipes, vinegar, dish soap or a solution of laundry soap. How to act?
First, with a blunt end of the knife, it is necessary to remove the stain, removing as much as possible the dried paint. After this, in order to clean the place of contamination you need to apply glycerin and to soften it leave it for 4-5 hours. Then the stain is treated with a soap solution and, if the result is not noticeable, then with the vinegar composition (soap before washing it off).
In the end, it is worthwhile to thoroughly wash it with water, using a wet and dry cloth in turn, so as not to increase the area of the stain. Dry naturally, leaving the ventilators open.