Carpets and area rugs create an atmosphere of warmth and comfort in any home. The new carpet makes the owners happy with its cleanliness and the brightness of the color. However, after some time the boundaries of the lines are erased, the colors fade, spots appear on the carpet. When this happens, the owners ask themselves how to properly clean the carpet to restore its beauty and freshness. What homemade cleaning solutions to use as not to spoil the surface of the product, and to protect their health? A few people know that ammonia carpet cleaning solution is one of the most effective tools for coping with various stains and for refreshing carpet’s colors!
Besides using ammonia carpet cleaning solution, carpets should be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner minimum once a week. Regular carpet cleaning with a vacuum cleaner prolongs the life of your carpet by preventing the accumulation of very solid particles that can damage the carpet fiber.
Always use natural homemade cleaners instead of chemical detergents, bought from the store! Prepare ammonia carpet cleaning solution for bringing your carpet back to its magnificent condition! Ammonia based products are much more effective than conventional agents. However, using this tool, you should take precautions, because ammonia is an aggressive substance that can harm the skin, eyes, respiratory tract. Also note that ammonia can damage some materials. Wear protective gloves and mix the following ingredients:
1 tablespoon (15 ml) detergent
¼ cup (60 ml) of ammonia
¼ cup (60 ml) of vinegar
11 liters of water
To get rid of the nasty smell, add baking soda to the vacuum cleaner bag. If your carpet does not have repelling smell, but suffers from lots of stains, you are facing a real problem! Here are some guidelines on how to get rid of stubborn dirt easier with ammonia carpet cleaning solution:
Cleaning Specific Stains from the Carpet
• Acid carpet spots: bleach or vinegar stains require quick action. Clean them immediately with baking soda and water. It is then recommended to apply ammonia carpet cleaning solution in proportions of 1:10 (ammonia and water). Rinse with cold water, allow to dry, and then carefully sweep the vacuum cleaner.
• Vomit carpet stains: Clean the stain quickly. Dry as much as possible, then apply a mixture of baking soda and water. Clean with ammonia carpet cleaning solution: 1 part solution of ammonia and 10 parts of water. Rinse with cold water, allow the carpet to dry, and then clean with a vacuum cleaner.
• Stains of fruit, red wine and blood can be washed with cold water. Add one tablespoon of ammonia to one liter of water and wash stains.
• Coffee stains: Fresh coffee spots should be covered quickly with salt. If the carpet is made of wool, the stains can be removed with carbonated water. If the stain is very stubborn, you can spray on it a glycerin, and then with ammonia. Then rinse thoroughly with water. If the fabric on which the coffee is spilled is cotton, use ammonia carpet cleaning solution clean with ammonia and then rinse.
• Wine stains: The stain of white wine or champagne must be cleaned with warm glycerin, then rinse with warm water. The red wine stain is removed with ammonia carpet cleaning solution - lukewarm water and ammonia. If the stain problem does not lend itself to removal - then you need to get help from carpet cleaning professionals. Better not to experiment and immediately contact professionals. This service is not worth as much as a new carpet.
• Oily stains: The oily spots are also removed with a solution of cooking salt and ammonia (1 teaspoon of salt and 4 liters of ammonia).
• Cleaning old stains: On your carpet have long been "settled" spots that do not disappear? It's time to do something about it. In the end, you will not always walk on the dirty carpet and buy a new one does not make sense. Try the carpet cleaning method described below for washing carpets. Let your carpet look clean and updated!
Things you will need: hot water, ammonia, a clean napkin, an iron, an empty bottle with a sprinkler.
Boil water, it should be hot, but not boiling. Mix the water with ammonia in a 1: 1 ratio and pour into bottles with a sprinkler.
Turn the iron on so it warms up. Spray the ammonia carpet cleaning solution onto the stain and other places of carpet contamination. Put a cloth on sprayed stains and press it with a hot iron. The cloth should, as it were, soak up the dirt from the carpet, and the stain will pass to the fabric. Is not this fantastic?
Here are 2 universal tools for cleaning carpet stains:
Ammonia carpet cleaning solution: Method 1: Add two cups of water to a coffee cup of ammonia and apply a sponge on the dirty surface. Wait for it to dry and, if necessary, repeat the procedure.
Method 2: You have to mix 7 liters of water with three teaspoon detergent and a quarter a glass of vinegar and ammonia.
How to Refresh Carpet Color with Ammonia Carpet Cleaning Solution?
To refresh the carpet color, use ammonia or citric acid. To do this, dilute the ingredients in water at a ratio of 2 tablespoons to 1 liter of liquid. Then wipe the carpet and let it dry.
Cleaning Wool Carpets and Area Rugs
Wool area rugs that are heavily stained can be cleaned by soaking them in water to which you need to put ammonia. The next step, after being well soaked, is removed and wiped with a brush that is pre-soaked in water and added to the washing powder. Afterwards, the carpets are thoroughly cleaned several times, and if the stains are too large, add a little vinegar that will help to clean it up.